We recommend sealing Berwyn Slate with Lithofin FVE pro sealer
- Do not use solvents, bleach or acidic products
- Do not hit the slate with heavy objects (any natural stone will chip or get damaged)
- Do not stand or sit on your worksurface
- Limit the use of detergents and avoid the aggressive ones (such as cleansing products for ovens, grills, dishwashers etc) and the acid ones.
- Do not use pickling substances, caustic soda, or products with a high acidic pH value; do not allow powerful chemical agents or paint removers to come into contact with the stone.
- Do not cut directly on the worktop. Use a chopping board.
- Do not drag heavy appliances across the worktop. Significant scratches are extremely difficult to deal with.
- Do not use worktops as a workbench or stand on them for access (to replace lights for example); it is dangerous to you and bad for the slate.
- Do not leave hot or greasy pans sitting on the surface.
- Wipe up spillages immediately specially acidic juices
- Acidic liquids may mark the sealer, touching up or resealing with FVE will bring the finish back
- Dry up water splashes – leaving water spillages to dry naturally (for example, around taps) could, over time, lead to unsightly limescale deposits especially in hard-water areas.
- Use a chopping board to prevent damage to the worktops (its also kinder to your knives).
- After use, wipe down the surfaces with a clean damp cloth, a little soap in the wiping water may be desirable, then dry with a tea towel.
- Every day cleaning spray Lithofin Easy Clean is recommended